From Starfleet Commander
| This page is official Starfleet Commander policy.|
Introduction to Administrators
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators are trusted users that can access a few additional functions.
- Deleting and undeleting pages, uploaded images and page histories.
- Protecting a page so it can not be edited or moved by anonymous users (autoconfirmed protection) or non-admins (full/sysop protection).
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and quick reversion ("rollback") of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins (editing MediaWiki files).
These functions are solely for housekeeping for keeping Wikia wikis nice and tidy. The community does look to administrators to perform the essential chores that require the extra access administrators are entrusted with. However, otherwise, administrators are the same as other users, and are expected to be well-tempered in all respects.
Can I become an Administrator?
Administrators are selected on an as-needed basis only. As Starfleet Commander Wiki grows, more administrators may be needed to assist in its operation. Administrator positions can be filled via Starfleet Commander:Requests to become a Administrator\Bureaucrat.
What can Administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Administrators should not be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is a regular user who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of Starfleet Commander .
List of Starfleet Commander Administrators
|Main article: List of administrators/bureaucrats|
Administrator Help Guide
- See Wikia's administrators' how-to guide for a complete guide on using administrator functions. See Starfleet Commander:Bureaucrats for a Bureaucrat Help Guide.
- Special:Blockip - block a username, IP address, or IP range
- Special:DeletedContributions - view a user's deleted contributions
- Special:Import - import pages with full history and content from other wikis
- Special:Undelete - view and restore deleted content
- Special:Unwatchedpages - view a list of pages not on any users' watchlist