Starfleet Commander:Community Portal
From Starfleet Commander
|This page is under construction or some major changes are in progress.|
| || Welcome to the Starfleet Commander community portal.|
This is the place to find out what is happening on the Starfleet Commander wiki.
New to a wiki? Learn what a wiki is all about.
- What is a wiki?
- Wikipmediawiki - confused about the difference between Wikipedia, Wikimedia, MediaWiki and wiki? Read this article.
- All about the wiki software can be found at MediaWiki.org.
- MediaWiki FAQ — Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about MediaWiki usage.
The following features require extra permissions that are not normally granted to all wiki users.
Consult the User's Guide for more information on using the wiki software.
Contribute and helping out
- Help improve new articles and pages.
- Check for unused pages. Note: A majority of unused or orphan pages are alliance pages that are not properly listed in the Alliance List
- Cleanup pages and articles according to the Manual of Style.
- See also: Starfleet Commander:Tasks - Ongoing site tasks. Get involved!
- Help cleanup alliance pages by checking their existence in game.
- Or seek out solutions on issues regarding an alliance page, pages with issues are found in Category:Alliance pages with issues
- Patrol new or changed articles and pages.
Policies and guidelines
Starfleet Commander has many established policies, guidelines, conventions, and traditions. This is a very brief sampling of some of the most important; for more information, see the main policies and guidelines page. Policies and guidelines apply to both articles and how to work with fellow editors.
Some pages on Starfleet Commander are Locked, which means they can not be edited or modified by anyone except an Administrator. Other pages may be Protected, which means they may only be edited by registered users. A page may be protected or locked for any number of reasons; because of high traffic and importance, continuous vandalism, edit wars, and so on.
Starfleet Commander allows for the uploading of images for use on article pages and user pages. To allow for the smooth operation of the site and to ensure that no one is offended, this guideline is in place for the uploading and usage of images and image contents. Uploading images can be done at the Upload file page. However, some images are subject to immediate deletion if they are determined to serve no purpose, are offensive/inappropriate, or are against Starfleet Commander's productive spirit.
This policy details Starfleet Commander's policies on notability, which is based off Wikipedia's notability policy. Notability determines whether a topic merits its own article. Article topics are required to be notable, or "worthy of notice." It is important to note that a notability determination does not necessarily depend on things like fame, importance, or the popularity of a topic—although those may enhance the acceptability of a subject that meets the guidelines explained below.
In order to identify users and attribute comments and votes on talk pages, forum threads, and other discussion pages on Starfleet Commander, user comments must be signed. This is particularly important on pages where voting is involved: votes which are unsigned and undated may be considered invalid.
Proposals and requests
- Create wanted pages
- Propose new pages, articles, categories or templates
- Request help or actions to be taken.
- Starfleet Commander talk:Project Help pages - For discussing the help pages.
- Starfleet Commander:Tasks - Ongoing site tasks. Get involved!
Questions and answers
- Starfleet Commander:Current issues - For discussing large-scale project-wide issues.
Comments about specific articles
Each article has its own talk page to ask questions or make constructive comments regarding its content, when you are viewing the article, just click on the discussion link at the top of the page. Bear in mind, however, that the wiki is not a forum for discussion about the topics of articles – comments should be limited to the article's content. For discussions about the topics use the Starfleet Commander forum
If you have checked the above pages and still need further help, then you can try asking a question at the support desk.
- Starfleet Commander:Shortcut
- Starfleet Commander:Policy
- Starfleet Commander:Wiki Editors Council
- Starfleet Commander:Requests to become a Administrator\Bureaucrat
- Starfleet Commander:Voting Page
- Starfleet Commander:List of administrators/bureaucrats