The Borg (The Borg)
From Starfleet Commander
We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
Click here to be assimilated http://fb.playstarfleet.com/alliances/show/34
END OF MESSAGE
A little Borg History:
Detailed information about the history of the Borg is somewhat lacking. Although originally organic it is generally understood that over a period of centuries they have modified and enhanced their biological makeup to incorporate synthetic technological enhancements to achieve and satisfy their goals of progression and expansion. When a biological individual is altered to encompass the Borg's various cybernetic implants and hardware, they lose all sense of individuality, and become a drone, and part of the Borg commune. By way of a network of advanced subspace communications channels the individual will be absorbed into the Borg 'Collective' -a hive mind, or singular consciousness which incorporates all drones everywhere. It is this control mechanism that drives the entire Borg unit with devastating efficiency.
Our mission as Borg is to assimilate the universe. To obtain this goal we must work as one. No arguments among members on these boards or on Borg groupsite will be tolerated. Keep these in private messages between yourselves. If the problem is severe (cyberbullying etc.) Take a screenshot, contact an officer and the offender will be dealt with harshly.
The rules of the Borg are simple, any method to achieve our goal is acceptable. The rules of the game apply to us in this respect, they can ban you or implement other punishments. You break these rules at your own risk.
Attacks can be made on any non-Borg entity we do not have a NON AGGRESSION TREATY with (NAP). You attack at your own risk those stronger than you or any Alliances that may seek retribution. If this Alliance seeks to involve the entire collective we as a hive may choose war or attempt diplomacy. This will be voted on by us all.
The Borg Structure is simple as well. We have officers with specific tasks. These officers, including our leader, can be removed or their policies reversed with a popular vote among the collective. This means you vote yes or no to any issue. No vote outweighs another, no drone is less than another. The voting timeline will be 24 hours if you cannot vote within the timeline your vote is forfeit.
Our closed message board is the safest place to post confidential information.
Officers and their duties:
- 1 of 1 -Supreme Commander- covers all duties not delegated to another drone.
- 1 of 9 -War Minister- leads alliance in group attacks, plans strategies and concentrates forces for most effect.
- 2 of 9 -Central Voice- Searches the Universe for fellow Borg Alliances to either add to our collective or ally with us. Declares war and negotiates cease fires. Negotiates Non Aggression Pacts (NAP's) with non-Borg deemed worthy as either a threat or a friend.
- 3 of 9 -Intelligence Drone- Coordinates scouts and reports all information received on rival alliances.
- 4 of 9 -Resource Officer- stores for and supplies collective as much as possible for concentrated builds.
- 5 of 9 -European Squadleader- Keeps track of the drones in their area, checking for activity and reporting inactives. Leads squad in group attacks when Supreme Commander or War Minister is not available.
- 6 of 9 -US Squadleader- Same duties as EU Squadleader.
- 7 of 9 -Recruiting- Posts recruiting threads on the discussion board and scours the universe for fellow drones.
- 8 of 9 -Ranking Officer- Checks drones rank and activity, another eye on things.